Monday, May 4, 2009

I try. I really do.



You know how people always "Stay out of trouble!" Well I try. I used to say ...I try but sometimes it comes to my doorstep. Now in 2009 I say, I try but sometimes it shows up in my email.
Last week jimshore.com sent out a 40% off coupon. Who can say no to that?
The sale was limited but of course I found something I really wanted since the first time I saw it. The nesting cat boxes.
When I was little, my mom had this beautiful, fragile nesting people box that I just loved to play with. Every once in a while she would let me play with it as long as I sat down on the floor and kept it there. It is a wonderful happy memory, so the nesting boxes from Jim Shore once again connect me to a childhood memory.
As I opened the boxes I am reminded of one of life's lessons. Life is not always what we planned for, it isn't always what we expected, but it's still life and it's our life and we play the hand we are dealt the best we can.
If you click on the photos you can see the wonderful detail close up and you might have to use your arrows to scroll down to see the unexpected mouse in the last box but this is what makes this piece so much fun and so special.

1 comment:

  1. check out my site at www.mycollectibleconnection.com

    ReplyDelete